A good career. No endless student debt.
Spending the next 10+ years paying down student debt for what—sitting at a desk for the next 30?—isn’t really something you want to do. We get that. That’s why we’ve made it as easy as possible for you to get your CDL and start working. Check out the NO interest loan and scholarships below.
Earn your CDL with a 0% interest loan
Yup. Get a loan with NO interest to help pay for tuition costs.
Get rolling with a NO Interest loan
MMTA and Maine Savings have partnered in a Zero/NO/Nada/0% interest loan program to help you get your CDL. Yep. You read that right. You can get a 0% interest loan to help you pay for tuition costs.
- 100% financing of tuition costs of a CDL course through approved CDL schools (up to $7,000)
- 0% interest rate
- Super easy online application
- This is only for Mainers. If you’re from away, it ain’t gonna happen
- You gotta be at least 18
- You gotta join Maine Savings FCU to be eligible, but it only requires a $5 minimum deposit to get started
- You don’t have to put up any collateral or possess prior credit
- You don’t have to have perfect credit to apply
- You can put off your 1st payment for 60 days after you finish the course. Go and earn a little coin at your new job first.
- You have options for repaying the loan. We’ll find one that works for you.
- If you don’t qualify, you can talk to MMTA directly to let them know about your situation.
Earn your CDL with a 0% interest loan, Yup. Get a loan with NO interest to help pay for tuition costs.
John W. Austin Memorial Scholarship Fund
Another way to help pay for your CDL training is with a scholarship from The John W. Austin Memorial Scholarship Fund. The Fund awards up to 9 graduating high school seniors a one-time scholarship for $2,500 each. Not too shabby.
- You have to be a graduating high school senior looking to get into higher education or technical training.
- You should know that we’re gonna give preference to people who want to get into the motor transportation industry.
In order to apply, you need to include:
- Your high school transcript
- 2 letters of recommendation from non-family sources–we’re talking a teacher, counselor, supervisor, or someone from a local trucking company.
- Some informal answers to these questions:
- What are your career objectives and how will this training help meet those goals?
- How did you become interested in the career you selected?
- Describe how your prospective education is tied to the trucking industry and why it is important?
- Scholarships are for 1 year only
- Scholarships are given based on academic achievement, community involvement, and information included in the application. That means it doesn’t matter what your race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or religion is.
- If you get a scholarship, you’ll need to send us your first semester transcript and proof of enrollment in the 2nd semester before March 1st in order for the scholarship to be paid.
- Go to www.mmta.com/jwa to apply. The application process opens in January and runs until May 1.
It’s easy to
EARN YOUR CDL
If you’re at least 16 and have a valid Maine driver’s license, you’ve already taken your first step. Giddyup.
SPEAK TO AN INDUSTRY INSIDER
Want to learn more? We’ll help you get started.