Because you’ve always loved playing with trucks.
A freight handler is a different type of trucker, one who enjoys doing something with a truck. Freight handlers manage the movement and storage of incoming and outgoing freight. That might include loading and unloading, making sure the goods being moved are kept safe, maintaining freight records, and keeping track of freight location. Kind of like a puzzle.
- Work closely with others – peers and customers – to coordinate shipments
- Drive a regular schedule with potential flexibility
- Work with your hands/physical labor
- Discover professionalism isn’t just a slogan, it’s an expectation.
- Detail oriented, safety driven
- Outside-the-box problem solver
- Good hand-eye-foot coordination
- Independent spirit and reliable
- Forklift/Power Jack Operator
- General warehousing
- Front-end loader for bulk operations
“This experience has changed my entire life. I will now have job security forever. ”–Chris Larson, Auburn, ME